Legal Issues for Small Businesses and Startups
Posted On July 5, 2017 by Murphy Law Group in Business Law
Starting a new business can be an exciting yet stressful experience. Whether you are starting a new business, expanding your business, or purchasing an existing company, the Murphy Law Group can help you navigate the tough legal decisions that all entrepreneurs encounter. The Murphy Law Group brings years of experience and provides dedicated services tailored to your company’s business law needs.
The following are just a few examples of legal issues that the Murphy Law Group will help you with:
- Advising as to what type of entity to create. There are major differences between a Corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship and general partnership. The Murphy Law Group will help you make an informed decision as to what type of entity is the best fit for your business or startup.
- Choosing an appropriate name for your entity, and if necessary a dba that will give your company recognition.
- Creating an Operating Agreement or corporate by-laws that outline the rules, regulations, and structure of your company.
- Drafting an Employee Handbook that will clearly provide the guidelines and day-to-day expectations in the workplace.
- Drafting employee contracts, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, and protecting your company’s confidential and proprietary information.
- Providing employee and management training on harassment, discrimination and other potentially harmful conduct.
It is important to have the right legal framework in place for your business as early as possible. The Murphy Law Group serves businesses of all sizes throughout the Merrimack Valley, North Shore, North Andover and Boston areas. To schedule a meeting to discuss your company’s business law needs, give our office a call at (978) 686-3200 or (617) 570-9000.